Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas pictograph print, eh?

Here are the Christmas-infused print ads for Canadian toy retailer Brain Candy Toys: 


This series of print revisits the concept of mixing adorable graphics, mathematics and pictograms that were used earlier this year, giving it a pinch of seasons greetings.  The Christmas-y ads mathematically represent the stories of Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, the toy distribution protocol of Santa Claus, and A Christmas Carol's Ebenezer Scrooge being visited by 3 Pacman ghosts.   


This Christmas iteration of the pictogram theme is not as clear as the fairy tale version and it required a little more noodle-scratching on my part to riddle it out.  Perhaps that speaks more to the fact that I need to brush up on my Christmas stories. Why is Santa's Coming list being multiplied by 2?  And then I realize, it's because he's checking his list ... checking it twice.  That made the print ad more enjoyable once I figured it out.  

But the Scrooge print ad seems uber-minimal, even for my minimalistic tastes.  What about Tiny Tim, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment